Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Best Drugstore Pencil Eyeliner

I have to share my latest makeup discovery with everyone! It’s the L’Oreal Silkissime eyeliners.  They are the closest thing I have found to Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils for drugstore prices.  For reals. No joke. I’m serious.


The L’Oreal Silkissime eyeliners are smooth and apply easily onto my eyelids.  I don’t have to use a lot of pressure and I don’t feel like I’m scraping my eyelids off when I use them in the morning.  But the best part about these eyeliners is their lasting power!  I normally apply my makeup around 9 or 10 a.m. every morning and I don’t take my makeup off until bedtime, which is around 1 or 2 a.m..  So we’re talking more than 12 hours of wear.  Of course, I have to be realistic and let you know that at the end of the day my eyeliner doesn’t look exactly like it did right after I put it on in the morning, but its still there and the line is still dark and defined.

Just apply, let it sit for a few seconds, curl your lashes, and you’re good to go.  I have the Silkissime eyeliners in black, plum, and highlighter.  The colors are pretty much self explanatory with highlighter being a champagney-pink color that’s perfect for the waterline or the inner-corner of your eye.  The plum color is a basic purple color, but I do wish that it were a richer, more royal purple rather than the basic purple that it is.  The black is a black-black, not a gray-black or a light-black, which is perfect! I believe the fourth color available is charcoal, but I chose not to purchase that color.



I got my eyeliners at Target for $7.99 each, which is a lot less than the $20 price tag of Urban Decay’s Glide-On Eye Pencils.  Don’t get me wrong, I still think Urban Decay Glide-On Pencils are some of the best on the market and the color selection for their eyeliners comes second to none.  However, if you’re on a budget and you need basic eyeliner colors then I recommend these Silkissime eyeliners!  You have to try these out!
[Share to Pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment