Saturday, March 1, 2014

Spring Cleaning Has Started Early!

Remember that closet I demo-ed a few weeks ago?

The one that looked like this before:



Then, I posted "Tips on Tearing Down a Closet" and I ended up with this:


Well, I repainted this creepy closet and installed a Rubbermaid Home Series closet system to get this:


Look at those gold rims!


Contrary to how other people feel about wire-closet systems, I love mine!  I have them in every closet in my home, except the linen closet, and I think they are a great alternative to bulky built in closets.  They are economical and modular so these closet systems are also great for renters or people who generally move often, like college students!

For the paint color, I used Benjamin Moore's Edgecomb Gray because I had 2 gallons left over and I wanted a light, clean color.  I also spray-painted my Sterilite drawers fun shades of blue to add punches of color into the closet.  Unfortunately, the noose-looking string hanging from the top of my closet is still there.  I haven't found a light fixture that would fit in this closet yet, so I'm still on the hunt.  

I still have a lot of unpacking and cleaning to do in this room:


But, hey, at least I installed the closet system right...?

My office to do list includes:

  1. UNPACKING
  2. Spray-painting these shelves from Ikea for storage (inspired by pins on Pinterest)
  3. Painting the baseboards
  4. Replacing doorknobs on all doors
  5. Getting a new light fixture for the half-bath, closet, and room
  6. Getting wall art
  7. Getting a rug
  8. Getting a sleeper sofa or chair
  9. Finding a smaller (maybe antique/vintage) desk
  10. Installing blinds
  11. Polishing floors
  12. Get the half-bath tiled
  13. Install a sink and toilet

Yep...that's all.  That's my short, expensive list of to do's for this room and I plan to get it done by the arrival of Spring!  I am definitely going to keep you updated on my overhaul of this room (including the half bath re-do).  I'm sitting in the room, waiting for paint to dry as I type this so progress is being made.  Stay tuned to see what the final, un-packed version of this room looks like!
[Share to Pinterest]

2 comments:

  1. Hello, every time i used to check web site posts here in the early
    hours in the morning, as i like to gain knowledge of more and more.


    Check out my page Crosses With Banners

    ReplyDelete