Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Office Window Update

My office organizing and unpacking escapades are going as planned and I'm having a lot of fun along the way.  I wanted to take a moment to share the changes I've made to my office window.



This is what my window looked like for 4 months.  Installing blinds on this window was never a top priority for me, but the sheer sheet gave me a false sense of security.  I felt like the window was covered, but the covering was so sheer I knew that if someone stood outside they could see everything (especially if it was dark out and the room was lit up).  To fix this problem I installed Home Decorators Collection 2' Faux Wood Blinds from Home Depot.


Better right?  These blinds came with great instructions so the installation process was a breeze.  I also love that the manufacturers included plastic clip-on valences that help hide the hardware.  I know "plastic clip-on" valences sounds really cheap, but they actually look really nice.  They are a very sturdy plastic and don't look flimsy or cheap at all.  In fact, the blinds are such a great value for the price I want to replace all the blinds in my house with these!

Now that my office window is looking a lot less dingy and I have a lot more privacy, I want to add some curtains for a little pizzazz ya' know?  These are some options I'm considering:

1/2/3
All the options are bright and colorful with fun patterns!  Aren't they awesome?  They're all really affordable too.

I can't wait to show you which curtains I end up choosing and what my entire office looks like after I'm finally done.

[Share to Pinterest]

3 comments:

  1. A sheer sheet is not a good way to protect yourself from prying eyes, Wendy! I'm glad you decided to get blinds. They are better off at warding nosy people from looking in. Hahaha! Anyway, I'm so in love with curtain number three. Beige just really adds a cozy feel to a room, whether it be in the dining area or in the office. Thanks for sharing that! All the best! :)

    Bob Ward @ Allure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input Bob! I did end up picking up curtains very similar to #3 and they look great in the room and add so much more privacy!

      Delete
  2. Giving people an idea of what you have inside your home could get you in trouble – especially if you have a lot of fancy stuff. And you might feel that your privacy is diminished, or even violated, because of it. Anyway, it’s nice to know that you now have blinds for your windows. Have you ever replaced them since then? Thanks for sharing this, Wendy. Have a great day!


    Shirley Todd @ Arjay's Window Fashions

    ReplyDelete