Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tidy Tip Tuesdays!

Welcome! Welcome!  I have come to find that being an adult means having a presentable and tidy home.  To me, this means not being embarrassed about the state of my home if someone wants to stop by unannounced.  Have you ever felt like you've had to clean and organize your house like crazy right before your friends or family come by?  If not, you are my idol.  If so, then please join me here on Tuesdays!

My first tidy tip is to use baskets and trays.


Trays are great to use on table tops or shelves to corral similar items so that random things are not scattered everywhere.  I use a tray on my coffee table to store my remote controls, coffee table books, and random mason jars that I've been using as decor.  

I also have plenty of woven baskets throughout my home to hold random items that would normally be scattered all over the floor.  Behind the coffee table in the picture above, I have a woven basket that holds all the dog toys and blankets my dogs use on a regular basis.



With 4 dogs, dog toys just end up in every nook and cranny of the house.  I find that having baskets throughout the house makes it easy for me to quickly pick up their toys and toss them into the baskets if I want them out of the way and off the floor.  These baskets would also be great for kids' toys! 

Another tip is to pick storage items that fit in with the rest of your home decor so you can leave them out all day, e'ryday. Know what I'm sayin'?  Yeah...  But if woven baskets aren't your thing, I've also made affordable fabric-lined baskets out of cardboard boxes!

I hope today's quick tip helps!  How do you keep knick knacks off the floor?


[Share to Pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment