Sunday, January 19, 2014

DIY Valentine's Day Framed Art

This is a quick and easy Valentine's Day decor project anyone can make with leftover tissue paper from Christmas, a 4x6 notecard, and a picture frame.


Supplies needed:

  1. Picture frame
  2. 4x6 notecard, or cardstock, or old christmas card
  3. Tissue paper 
  4. Mod Podge or any type of glue

Directions: 
  1. Tear tissue paper into small pieces of any shape and size (the more random, the better)

  1. Apply Mod Podge or glue onto notecard in the shape of a heart

  1. Apply tissue paper pieces onto glue to create a heart shape.  

Feel free to layer the tissue paper so that you are completely covering the notecard or cardstock.
For me, I also used the darker pink tissue paper in the area surrounding the heart because I wanted something that was a little brighter.  I like this project because it's quick and easy, handmade, and inexpensive.   Also, it's meant to look a little messy and hand-crafted so don't worry about staying in any lines or being perfect.  Have fun!



It looks perfect next to a picture of my sister and me!


[Share to Pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment