Sunday, December 7, 2014

My Favorite Planner Accessories!

I have a little secret to tell you.  Think of it as me sharing something personal with you.  You can probably tell from the title of this post, but I'm obsessed with planners/agendas.  I love using my planner.  I've used one for the last 4 years to manage my daily to-do's and bills.  I also love looking at other peoples' planner pictures on instagram and blogs, which is why I wanted to share my favorite planner accessories with you.  Total planner-nerd, I know.



I have 2 planners.  My Filofax is for my home/blog/bills and the Mead, Cambridge Edition planner is for work-related tasks.




I like using my personal-sized Filofax for the bulk of my daily planning because the planner is bound by "binder-like" rings.  Pages can be moved from one part of the binder to another and there is a lot of flexibility when it comes to how and where you want to place something in your planner.  


It is essential for a Filofax owner to have some sort of hole-puncher.  My favorite hole-puncher is the 1/4" Crop-A-Dile Power Punch.  This hole puncher is seriously heavy duty.  I can punch 20 pages without a problem.  It never jams on me and I never feel like I have to work very hard to get perfect holes!  This hole puncher is also adjustable so that your holes can be placed closer to or farther away from the edges of your paper.



The other planner accessory I love is washi tape.  I know this isn't a necessity for a functioning planner, but it can make planning so much more fun and my monthly and weekly pages look a lot more cheerful and happy (even with all the things I need to do).  I mean, why not make planning and to-do lists more fun with colorful tape?


I feel like the types of pens you use can also add to your planner experience.  (That sentence would sound ridiculous if I didn't love planners)  My favorite pens are the Staedtler Triplus Fineliner with the porous points and Stabilo Point 88 pens.  These pens don't bleed through my planner pages, write smoothly, and are available in awesome colors!  Having different colored pens allows me to color code my planner and they're great to doodle with.



Lastly, when I want to decorate my planner or ensure that somethings really stand out, I use stickers!  Yep, stickers.  Alphabet stickers that I've bought from Target and Michaels.    


What more can I say about stickers?  They make everything fun!

There you have it.  Now you know that I'm a secret planner-nerd!  I would love to see pictures of your planners if you want to leave a link and I would definitely love sharing more of my planner pages if any of you are interested!

[Share to Pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment